South Delhi family on the road, 2004
Zanskar & Ladakh
Leaving Padum, Zanskar, India
As there is now peace in Nepal again, there is no excuse not to visit this beautiful country. I personally believe this country tops the Himalayan
destinations. Only problem is the terrible smog in downtown Kathmandu.
- Danish Nepalese friendship association (DK)
- Mellemfolkeligt Samvirke (DK) Nepal
- Nice pictures from Kathmandu
- Nepal diary, from a 2 week trip
- Nice German Khumbu site (Khumbu is the region of Mt. Everest and several other 8000 m.+ peaks),
- Could Nepal be the country in the world with the highest share of political journalists per capita? That's my (rather unsubstantiated) theory. Anyway, read some news from Nepal: Nepalnews, Nepalresearch, Kantipur online, Himalayan Times, Nepal Monitor, Nepali Times
- Extensive photoarchive from premier newssite Nepalnews.com - culture, politics, and not least: loads of pictures of demonstrations and sit-ins.
- An anthropological study of Newar culture
- Nepalese trekking forum - find a guide here, etc
- Free book by Stanley F. Stevens (1993): Claiming the High Ground: Sherpas, Subsistence, and Environmental Change in the Highest Himalaya. A very nice anthropological study on the Khumbu (Everest) area.
- Beautiful photo journalism by Chess Edwards
Pakistan, Central Asia, Xinjiang & Tibet
Sun shining in potato fields, Keylong, Himachal Pradesh, 2004